Anderson Marketing Services, Inc. was formed in 1986 with a single client and a dream of providing meaningful, actionable marketing programs to the business-to-business market. Today, we continue to focus on increasing sales and profitability for firms such as yours.
Simply put, we help you identify and focus on your internal and external customers needs, wants, fears and desires. Combined with team building techniques and an in-depth analysis of your service capabilities, you can use this information to penetrate both new and existing markets more profitably.
Philosophically, AMSI believes in “short-term” solutions that evolve into long-term processes. We recognize that successful evolution is more important and more impactful than revolution. While many espouse the need for 5 year plans and complex mission statements, we believe in short term programs which, when successful, become long-term processes. The planning process is one that should stay within a 6 to eighteen month time frame. Why? In your business, a technological “generation” is 18 months at best and this cycle is continuing to shorten. Thus, a five-year marketing plan is simply no longer a viable working tool. Please note that we do embrace five year and ten year financial plans, recognizing the need to continually adapt the short-term marketing processes to achieve the long-term financial goals.
Since 1986, we’ve accepted the fact that the process is the key to business success. While the role of the individual is key to success, it’s the process, which assures the proper outcome. Therefore, we have a simple outline that has proven successful for many of our clients. Step 1: Planning To Plan - Assessment & Recommendations As paradoxical as it may seem, the first step to creating a successful plan is to create a planning framework. At this juncture, we are relatively uninformed regarding the detailed needs your company. Therefore, if we are elected to help with overall marketing consultation, we would begin the process by visiting your company and meeting with your key executives. During the site visit, we would conduct informal interviews with selected executives. We also recommend a round table discussion with your management staff to gain their insights and opinions as well. We will also need to see an historical financial review of your company, in order to better understand profitability ratios per product class and class of trade as well as to gain insight as to the life cycle of the company. In addition, any existing market research or corporate workflow documentation you may have would be helpful for us to review at that point. Step 2: Creating The Framework Based on the information gained during the initial site visit, we will create a planning outline and budget for your review and approval. Using the little information we have to date, the outline would include or result in some, if not all, of the following components: Strategic Planning Prior to beginning any specific, tactical operations, we would both review and help modify your existing plan or help you develop a new one. This process is rooted in focusing on core competencies and includes:
- Defining the market and the industry, as it applies to the Company
- Refining the Company’s business objectives, as they relate to the marketplace
- Analyzing the Business or Market in terms of size, scope, possible product offerings, key success factors and trends
- Determining the strategic path (particularly for new product offerings)
- Identifying the factors which will be critical to the success of the Companies, and
- Determining the financial impact
- Goal development (market penetration, share, sales, profits)
- Situational reviews of the service mix, product mix, customer base, market needs, etc
- Identification of specific opportunities and problems
- Evaluation of individual strategies and tactics
- Development of the implementation and measurement process
- Specific objectives for each product, service or account
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
- Sales penetration analysis (by product, client or marketing area)
- A communications plan
- Account Stewardship Program
- Action plans with measurable objectives and timelines
- Financial forecasts
- Creating positive relationships with people
- Relating to people and the working environment
- How to manage or work with the individual
- The individual’s approach to management
- Strategies for sales management (as job appropriate) and
- Defining your approach to selling
The materials we use to create these profiles have been proven nationally with a base of more than 20 million users and have been implemented by companies such as IBM, Coca Cola, Kodak, AT&T, Chevrolet, GE, 3M, Hallmark Cards, Boeing and Prudential to name just a few. The Next Step In order to start the process of “planning to plan” we need to visit your site and interview your key executives and managers. As previously outlined, we will conduct the first site visit to your facility at no charge. All we ask is that you provide transportation and lodging. Following the first site visit, we will have enough information to prepare a detailed proposal for your review and approval. Call Us. Let us refresh your plan or create a new plan for you.